179D (EPAct) Tax Credit Property Studies
Many tax professionals have helped their clients obtain significant tax savings on their commercial properties utilizing 179D (EPAct) of the Federal Tax Code. 179D may offer significant tax incentives for your clients, who have built or remodeled a commercial building since 2006.
To be a qualified tax credit property, your clients’ buildings must reduce energy consumption by 50% as compared to 2001 energy standards. Typically, this benchmark is easily attained, as technology has provided greatly-improved, energy-efficient products over the past 13 years.
Tax savings opportunities include interior lighting, HVAC, and building envelope improvements such as windows and roofing.
Steps To Perform a 179D Study
- Your firm contacts National Cost, requesting a 179D study proposal.
- Within 24 hours, National Cost will provide a detailed response, including estimated savings and the total cost (including all expenses) for service. Upon acceptance, your firm will provide National Cost with a copy of the signed proposal.
- Depending on your client’s schedule, the on-site survey is typically completed within 5 to 10 days.
- The final report is delivered 4 weeks after the site visit. Total turnaround time for 179D studies ranges from 5-6 weeks.
Why National Cost?
In order to benefit from 179D tax incentives, a business must certify its commercial properties’ energy-efficiency via third party. National Cost is a national leader in performing these highly specialized, on-site surveys.
A detailed report is modeled and analyzed in both electronic and bound hard-copy, validating that your clients’ buildings are energy-efficiency and fully supporting the associated 179D tax incentives.
Our experience gathering all necessary information and completing all relevant IRS forms guarantees the job is done right the first time and is wholly reliable.
This is the eye for detail that our clients expect and receive.
Envelope : $.60/SF
Lighting : $.60/SF
HVAC : $.60/SF
Qualifying Systems = $1.80/SF
“We’ve conducted a past 179D with another firm. National Cost completed the report in less than 4 weeks, were easy to work with, and demonstrated complete knowledge and expertise.”
– Evan Larsen – GLT Architects